Hi loves! For the month of July I have been studying abroad in Portugal. I love everything about it here from the people to the beach, but I especially love the fashion. Even though I am obsessed with all the clothes, and knew that I was going to at least make one or two purchases, I still managed to overpack. When ever going on any trip, most of us fashionistas tend to over pack. I have gotten better, but now after a whole month and I still see clothes that have been untouched, I can finally compile a list of the essentials.
1. All you need is 3 pairs of shoes. Sandals, sneakers, and high heels.
2. Only two dresses. One for the day and one for at night
3. A sweater! A sweater is the best thing to pack when the climate can change dramatically.
4. Leggings. Leggings have saved my life in Portugal. I only need one pair that I can use for something to wear if the day is cold as well as the night.
5. A handful of cute tops. I wouldn’t go overboard with the tops, but a variety can really help transform outfits.
6. Shorts. The summer months are when the most people travel. A lot of these tourists will be going to warmer climates, thus in need of shorts. I would pack your favorite pairs for the day and a couple of work out shorts for at night. If you stick with only bring your favorite, you can eliminate the bulk of bring every pair.
7. Undies. You can’t forget your undies. When it comes to bras you honestly only need two. Pick your favorite two bras, preferably a nude and a black one. Besides the two bras, base the number of panties on the length of your stay and if you are able to do laundry.
When thinking of packing, think light. If you pack pieces that you know can do double or even triple duty, your suitcase won’t break the very little amount of 50lbs. Have an amazing trip to all those that are traveling!